Rear-view mirrors

I got in my car the other day after my son, proud owner of a new license, had driven.   My seat and mirrors all needed readjusted.  It got me to thinking about some people who say the past isn't important and that we only need to look and move ahead.  While a part of me agrees with this, I know in my spirit that our past affects us more than we care to admit.  Which makes me wonder about how much time we should spend dealing with the past.

Are our pasts like a rear-view mirror?  Do they warrant some attention?  I think so.  May you spend some time this New Year's Eve, thinking about the past.  Not to live or stay there.  Look and reflect so that your  parking lot maneuvers (everyday living),  turning, changing lanes and acceleration forward can be done with knowledge of obstacles that may need addressed for more confident  and productive driving (living).

Comments

  1. I agree with this!

    Thank you for your kind comment and also for your quote - I love it and will be holding on to it, too, right now!

    "If God has made your cup sweet, drink it with grace,if He has made it bitter, drink it in communion with Him." Oswald Chambers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What are you taking?