The Gift

Today I had the privilege of meeting with a wonderful new young missionary.  Our conversation wandered down several paths...one of them was one that I find myself frequently discussing as I hear young (and some older) people talk about their personalities.
I decided I would write this down since it is a major way that God has worked in my life.  I grew up awkwardly shy and quiet.  I was confused for many years, thinking that I was "suppose" to have a bubbly cheerleader type personality.  My mom discovered the personality tests when I was a teenager and I found out according to the test that I had a melancholy/phlegmatic type personality.  While this relived me from the heavy burden and stress of being "out-going" and helped me understand why I acted the way I did many times....I then began to resent who I was.  Why did God not give me the bubbly personality?  I don't want to be quiet and shy... and on and on my inner dialogue would rant.

One day God showed me that He made me quiet and thoughtful and by dwelling on all these negative aspects of my personality and coveting a more out going one....I was in actuality being ungrateful for the GIFT He picked out for ME.

This revelation was life changing for me.  I began to thank God for the way He made me and for the gift he chose for me even though I didn't understand it.  I can not explain the difference this has made in my life...but I would HIGHLY recommend trying this thought process...you'll be amazed at the delightful gift He has given YOU!!!

Psalm 139:14

 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you taking?