My "Word" for the year 2012

Love is patient

I Corinthians 13
Love is kind


it does not envy

it does not boast


it is not proud 


it is not rude


it is not self-seeking


it is not easily angered


it keeps no records of wrongs


Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth


It always protects, always trusts


always hopes, always perseveres.

The question arises every January-What are your new-year resolutions?  While I understand why many are adamantly against them, I believe there is a need to pause and reflect and January brings the perfect excuse to think about things we would like to change in our lives.  So, this year I found multiple blogs that discussed finding a "word" to focus on for the year instead a list of resolutions that will be broken by Jan. 12th  (or longer depending on your endurance!)
 I decided to have a word for each month.  I knew right away that my word for Jan. would be love.  Why?  Because it is the word that I have been running from.  

I am a missionary, and to tell the truth, I am tired of "loving", which equates in my mind to "giving".  I know this is not a very "missionary" thing to admit.  But it is where I am at...

 As I started contemplating the word "Love", I immediately thought about I Corinthians 13.  Love is "patient" is all I could hear, whenever I would mediate on Love.  So, it quickly became my January word.  As I read I Corinthians I realized that it easily breaks down to 12 themes.  So, above I have my year laid out in 12 themes on Love, one for each month.

Not the word, I would of actually picked-but the one I feel the Lord leading me towards-again.  Maybe, it is because He is Love...and I need more of Him.

Lord, open my heart to learn from you and the parts of me that aren't ready, I pray that you will anoint them with your gracious, warm, fragrant and healing oil.  Amen.













Comments

  1. I prayed for a couple of weeks for a word for 2012 & believe God gave me " Love " as well. I'm simply praying for more & also to understand God's love better. Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia,

    Love is such a small word with such infinite depth! I pray that you find new meaning and life changes with your focus on Love.

    Dios es bueno,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What are you taking?