If...


Today was one of my beautiful daughter's birthday.  She turned 20.  I was so very fortunate to get to take her out to coffee.  Where else other than Starbucks?  As we sipped on our coffee, I pulled out a book I recently picked up from a used bookstore, entitled IF2.  It is full of 500plus questions.  I opened it up and this question leaped from the page and I read it out loud to my daughter, "If God were to come down and whisper in your ear, what would you like him to say?"  She gave me a wonderful answer that God had actually whispered to her during a quiet time awhile back.  She then turned the question on me.  I couldn't even answer, my eyes immediately started to tear.  It wasn't only that I couldn't answer because I would break out in a full out sob in the middle of Starbucks, but I honestly didn't even know the answer. 
So,  she kindly went on to some of the lighter questions and after we finished our coffee,  I left unable to get anything done until I knew that answer that my heart was already feeling.
My answer I discovered a few hours later was, "It will be okay."  I could finally take a deep breath when I found my answer of what I wanted to hear so badly from God.  But immediately, before I could think it thru, I heard God tell me that His whole book (the Bible) was full of those kind of words.  Yes, yes, I know God...I opened it and it fell to(yes, I believe in random reading of scriptures sometimes) Isaiah 46:4 which I had underlined at some previous point.  "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you:I will sustain you and I will rescue you."   Funny, my husband just mentioned yesterday that he noticed I had gray hair!!  So, tonight I will sleep well, listening to God whisper in my ear and knowing that He is also smiling at his side joke.

Comments

  1. I totally support you in the random reading of Scripture as one method of finding affirmation from the Lord. The "open and point" method doesn't work for a lot of people, but, as you know, God often lets it work for me. And if it doesn't, I keep reading until something does pop out at me. Ultimately, I'm delighted that you were able to answer that question for yourself and even more that HE concurs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, me too. I wasn't even counting Peru in the mix of situations!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What are you taking?